Scitech is seeking a Senior Graphic Designer with a flavour of interior design to join our passionate team of design and digital professionals in the Digital and Creative Studio. In this role, you will be responsible for the design and production of creative and graphic design solutions that support a range of initiatives across Scitech, including promotional materials, marketing communications campaigns, and exhibition design.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- • Create imagery using 3D programs for printed and digital exhibition applications, as well as promotional and marketing campaigns.
- • Envision and articulate exhibition content, themes, and goals with creative design solutions.
- • Prepare concepts, and computer-based 3D models as required for concept development.
- • Work with CAD files from the CAD designers to produce 3D exhibit mockups and use these to enable accurate 2D final artwork.
- • Ensure outcomes are accessible including WCAG 2.0.
- • Apply a wide knowledge of architectural materials, finishes and available colours (for example, laminates, high-density plastics, acrylics, floor coverings, powder coats and paints).
- • Create visual material plans to guide exhibition construction.
- • Work with CAD designers and purchasing colleagues in the Shared Services business area to assess, document and order materials.
- • Propose and produce a wide range of material selections and finish plans as needed for construction.
Skills and Experience:
- • Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design with a minimum of 3-4 years Exhibition Design experience (on top of standard Graphic Design experience). Must have a working knowledge of graphic design, branding, photography, and art direction as it pertains to print, digital, and motion.
- • Excellent Adobe Creative Suite CS6 skills including InDesign, Sketchup, Illustrator and Photoshop on a PC platform.
- • Experience with 3D modelling program - Blender or 3DS Max, and knowledge of AutoCAD and file transfer protocols.
- • You are naturally curious and passionate about design — with a keen awareness of the evolving landscape of available tools, technologies, resources, and trends.
- • Able to multi-task on design projects that require both conceptual and functional thinking with ability to react quickly to new information, opinions, and direction to strategically pivot when necessary.
- • Demonstrated experience in job scheduling within a Studio environment and managing competing priorities.
- • Demonstrated experience managing and liaising with external service providers.
- • Photography, video editing skills and knowledge of interactive media and user experience design a plus.
Please provide an up to date portfolio with your application. Applicants should apply through SEEK with your CV and a brief introduction/cover letter to Human Resources.
Scitech will close this role once sufficient applications have been received. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.