Designed and built exclusively for 3-7 year olds, students experience scientific concepts as they play and work together; building walls, making coloured shadows and processing space rocks on the space station.
Under the direction of a Scitech staff member, the students are provided with an introduction to Discoverland and are encouraged to play with the exhibits to find out how they work. A final discussion provides the students with an opportunity to share their experiences and observations. Each program is adapted to cater for specific year groups and includes:
Discovery through play | Years K-PP
• What does it look like? (colour, shape)
• What can I do with it?
• How can I make it work? (push, pull, etc)
• I wonder what would happen if….?
Simple Machines | Year 1
• Can you find these simple machines – cogs, wheel, chute, lever, pulley, screw, ramp? (pictures supplied)
• How do you make them work?
• Can you find the big machine that is made up of lots of simple machines?
Western Australian Curriculum links
Science Inquiry Skills:
• Questioning and predicting
• Physical sciences
Science as a Human Endeavour:
• Nature and development of science
To book call 9215 0740, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or click on the link below.