Looking for something new in your Science Lessons? Hire a Scitech DIY Kit!
• Packed with all the equipment and teaching resources needed to complete a term’s worth of science lessons.
• No need to buy any specialist equipment!
• No need to restock the equipment before you return the kit at the end of term!
• Fully curriculum linked in the four areas of Biological Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Earth & Space Sciences and Physical Sciences
• By completing every lesson in your kit, your students will cover every Science Understanding achievement for their particular year level in that topic.
• The kits also give plenty of opportunities for students to improve Science Inquiry Skills and to explore Science as a Human Endeavour.
• Students also have opportunities to design and plan their own investigations.
• You will also receive an electronic copy of the teaching resources and student worksheets that are yours to keep after the hire.
• Share with your colleagues across the school! Biological Sciences and Chemical Sciences Kits now also contain Foundation - Yr2 activities for no extra cost!
Click on a kit to find out more.
- Biological Sciences (Foundation – Year 6)
Investigate what defines a living thing and classify animals according to their features. Explore the needs of living things and what happens when environments change. Observe important features of plants and animals. Explore human life stages through role play. Go on a ‘School Safari’ and explore environments and habitats by collecting and examining insects and other living and once living things. Grow and study real mealworms and mould. Examine plants as they develop from seeds, and follow their life cycle all the way back to seeds. Design ‘new’ plants and animals suited to their environment, and dissect synthetic owl pellets.
- Chemical Sciences (Foundation – Year 6)
Use your senses to explore the physical properties of materials and create different ways of grouping them. Take rubbings of a variety of materials, and examine them with a digital microscope to investigate their differences and how humans use these variances to achieve diverse roles in our lives. Manipulate materials to discover if they stretch, squish or twist. Make popcorn and damper to investigate changes caused by heat. Make a fly trap from recycled materials.
Discover what makes different materials manmade, natural or magnetic. Investigate changing states using different materials. Use your imagination to ‘become’ solids, liquids and gases to help you understand their properties. Explore mixtures and solutions and find out whether combustion is a chemical reaction.
- Earth and Spaces Sciences (Years 3-6)
Conduct hands-on investigations to explore the movement of the Earth around the Sun, and the relative sizes of these celestial bodies, create scale models of planets and their orbits, and develop research skills to identify the planets by their characteristics. Investigate your local environment to find evidence of erosion and analyse the dirt around your school. Learn about extreme weather and how science measures these events to help humanity in the future.
- Physical Sciences (Years 3-6)
Use thermometers to test sources of heat such as friction and chemical reactions. Explore the forces all around us through water-powered rockets and magnets. Examine mirrors, kaleidoscopes and rainbows to explore the wonders of light. Investigate the power of electricity by building your very own circuits and learning about the sources of electrical power used around the world.
- Primary Maths (Years 4-6)
Develop your logical thinking and problem solving skills with this set of fun and interactive maths puzzles.
Prices and hiring
Hire: $160 for 8 weeks of term
Free transport to and from regional schools; metro schools collect from Scitech at the start of term.
To book call Scitech Bookings on 08 9215 0740 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.