Take a closer look at what’s outside your back door and discover a hidden world of science in Backyard Adventures.
From the biological interactions between plants and insects, and the zoology of nocturnal animals to the horticultural knowhow that goes into growing giant vegetables and the feats of construction that can go on in the shed, the backyard is full of science.
Experience this travelling back garden, complete with a decaying house and garden golf that will engage visitors with science and technology and enable them to continue discovering after they leave the exhibition.
The diversity of subject material will enable varied interest groups to engage with the exhibition, whether their interest lies in gardening, zoology or physics.
The backyard setting enables visitors to engage with exhibits in a familiar environment, with similar experiences available to visitors in their own home situation, taking the science centre experience to a new level of engagement.
- 17 exhibits in 2 x 4ft containers
- floor area: 400 – 600 square metres (4,300 – 6,500 square feet)
- minimum ceiling height: 3 metres (10 feet), optimal height 4 metres (13 feet)
- Power: 240v to 120v electricity supply
- Marketing and Education supplies
- Transit insurance
- Exhibition installation/dismantling
- Ages 5 to 12 years and their families.
- School groups
- Tour groups
- problem solving