Discover what makes materials different by exploring their chemical properties in this DIY Science Kit.
Learn about the states of matter, examine different materials with a digital microsope and investigate what makes them different, and how we can adapt them for everyday use.
Each kit is packed full of all the equipment and teaching resources needed to run up to 8 weeks’ worth of themed lessons, experiments and investigations.
Each lesson is designed to support teachers in the delivery of the Chemical Sciences Science Understanding of the Western Australian Science Curriculum. Students also have plenty of opportunities to design and plan their own investigations, which will allow them to improve Science Inquiry Skills, and to explore Science as a Human Endeavour.
You will also be given access to the electronic copies of the teacher resource books, worksheets and investigation planners. They are free for you to keep on your own device even after your kit hire has finished.
With the Chemical Sciences Kit, students can:
- Explore the physical properties of materials.
- Learn about changing states, mixtures and solutions.
- Manipulate materials to discover if they stretch, squish or twist.
- Make popcorn and damper to investigate changes caused by heat.
- Make a fly trap from recycled materials.
- Discover the different properties of man-made, natural and magnetic materials.
- Investigate changing states using different materials.
- Understand the properties of liquids, solids and gases.
- Explore mixtures and solutions and find out whether combustion is a chemical reaction.
Foundation – Year 6
For further details on DIY Science Kit hire, please see our pricing sheet.