STEM Learning Project
Healthy doses of empathy, knowledge and passion make for great teachers. And at Scitech, we believe the other element required to keep students engaged and equipped for the future is great resources.
Developed by educators, our STEM Learning Project was created in conjunction with WA’s Educational Computing, Mathematical and Science Teachers associations. And with the support of these clever people, we’re able to provide teachers across the state with free inspirational resources, all aligned with the Western Australian curriculum. The resources are designed to support you when following a Problem Based Learning approach. The program provides 41 Curriculum Resource modules which are classroom ready, and are supported by 15 online professional learning modules. The resources are additionally supported by professional learning workshops delivered by the Scitech team of experienced STEM educators.
Resources are available on the Department of Education’s portal. And, best of all, from Kindergarten all the way up to Year 12, the diversity of content means the resources can be used in an integrative way.
The STEM Learning Project has already proven to be a huge success in generating students’ interest in STEM – with teachers giving it a 99% approval rating.
For more information about our professional learning workshops scroll below.
STEM LP Professional Learning workshops
The workshops available provide;
- an understanding of the rationale for STEM education
- Introduction to the instructional model for problem based STEM learning
- Unpack and analyse a sample STEM Learning Project resource module
- Plan for implementation in your classroom, considering integrated and skills based approaches
- foundation for integrated planning, teachers are guided through using a template for their year group to identify content from other learning areas to complement available STEM Learning Project modules
The workshops are available for delivery on site at your school, at Scitech or online. Please enquire below to have a conversation with one of our team to enable the best solution to meet your professional development needs to be identified.