Explore the attributes of living and non-living things, and go on a ‘School Safari’ to explore environments and habitats.
Learn what plants need to grow, how different animals survive, and investigate the needs of living things.
Each kit is packed full of all the equipment and teaching resources needed to run up to 8 weeks’ worth of themed lessons, experiments and investigations.
Each lesson is designed to support teachers in the delivery of the Biological Sciences Science Understanding of the Western Australian Science Curriculum. Students also have plenty of opportunities to design and plan their own investigations, which will allow them to improve Science Inquiry Skills, and to explore Science as a Human Endeavour.
You will also be given access to the electronic copies of the teacher resource books, worksheets and investigation planners. They are free for you to keep on your own device even after your kit hire has finished.
With the Biological Sciences Kit, students can:
- Investigate what defines a living thing and classify animals according to their features.
- Explore the needs of living things and what happens when environments change.
- Observe important features of plants and animals.
- Explore human life stages through role play.
- Go on a ‘School Safari’ and explore environments and habitats.
- Collect and examining living things and once living things.
- Grow and study plants as they develop from seeds.
- Design ‘new’ plants and animals suited to their environment.
Western Australian Curriculum links
- Science Inquiry Skills
- Science as a Human Endeavour
Pre-primary – Year 6
DIY kits are available for hire by registered Western Australian schools for use solely within and by the staff at the hiring school.
For further details on DIY Science Kit hire, please see our pricing sheet.