Hire now for Term 2, 2024! We’ll deliver to any registered school in Western Australia
Please note bookings for Term 1, 2024 have now closed. Bookings for Term 2, 2024 will close at the end of week 8, Term 1 (Friday 22nd March, 2024). After this date, we can only accept bookings for Term 3, 2024.
Get a taste for coding basic inputs and outputs with a class set of mBots in this DIY Robotics and Coding Kit, designed specifically to be accessible and engaging for complete beginners.
Learn about what makes a robot a robot, the difference between inputs, processes and outputs, and explore how to make a robot move exactly how you want it to.
Each kit is packed full of all the equipment and teaching resources needed to run up to 8 weeks’ worth of themed lessons, experiments and investigations.
The DIY Robotics and Coding Kit is extensively linked to the Western Australian Technologies Curriculum for Years 7 and 8, and is designed to facilitate the delivery of numerous curricular outcomes in Digital Technologies and Design and Technologies, incorporating both Knowledge and Understanding and Processes and Production Skills.
You will also be given access to the electronic copies of the teacher resource book and student construction manual, and are free for you to keep on your own device even after your kit hire has finished.
With the DIY Robotics and Coding Kit, students can:
- Investigate material choice in design and technology and build their own robot.
- Explore inputs, processes and outputs.
- Execute a variety of movement functions and investigate the different ways they can make their robot move.
- Tinker with sensors to see how robots use them to complete different tasks.
- Consider different ways to design a robot by building attachments for executing different functions.
Western Australian Curriculum links
- Knowledge and Understanding
- Processes and Production Skills
DIY kits are available for hire by registered Western Australian schools for use solely within and by the staff at the hiring school.