Discover what makes materials different through chemistry in this DIY Science Kit.
Take rubbings of a variety of materials and examine them with a digital microscope. Investigate their differences and how we can adapt them for everyday uses.
Each kit is packed full of all the equipment and teaching resources needed to run a whole term of themed activities.
Each lesson is linked to the Western Australian Curriculum and by completing every lesson in your kit, your students will cover every Science Understanding achievement for their particular year level in that topic. The kits also give plenty of opportunities to improve Science Inquiry skills and to explore Science as a Human Endeavour.
Students also have opportunities to design and plan their own investigations. You will also receive a full set of the teaching resources on a USB that you can keep after the hire finishes.
With the Chemical Sciences Kit, students can:
- Explore the physical properties of materials
- Learn about changing states, mixtures and solutions.
- Manipulate materials to discover if they stretch, squish or twist.
- Make popcorn and damper to investigate changes caused by heat.
- Make a fly trap from recycled materials.
- Discover what makes different materials manmade, natural or magnetic.
- Investigate changing states using different materials.
- Understand the properties of Liquids, solids and gases.
- Explore mixtures and solutions and find out whether combustion is a chemical reaction.
Pre Primary – Year 6
For further details on DIY Science Kit hire, please see our pricing sheet.