Spend a term learning about our planet and the solar system in the Earth and Space Sciences kit!
From learning about the planets to how natural disasters occur; this science kit is packed full of all the equipment and teaching resources needed to run a whole term of themed activities.
Each lesson is linked to the Western Australian Curriculum and by completing every lesson in your kit, your students will cover every Science Understanding achievement for their particular year level in that topic. The kits also give plenty of opportunities to improve Science Inquiry skills and to explore Science as a Human Endeavour.
Students also have opportunities to design and plan their own investigations. You will also receive a full set of the teaching resources on a USB that you can keep after the hire finishes.
With the Earth and Space Sciences Kit, students can:
- Explore the movement of the Earth around the Sun.
- Investigate your local environment to find evidence of erosion and analyse the dirt around your school.
- Learn about extreme weather and how science measures these events to help humanity in the future.
- Learn about the relative sizes of our solar system’s celestial bodies.
- Discover how a droughts and floods occur, and how we prepare for them.
- Create scale models of planets and their orbits.
- Understand the importance of the Sun through experiments and indigenous stories.
- Develop research skills to identify the planets by their characteristics.
Years 3 – 6
For further details on DIY Science Kit hire, please see our pricing sheet.