Explore and test how forces work with a term filled with hands-on experiments and tasks.
Bend light, create electricity and experiment with magnets in this DIY Science Kit designed to show how physics influences the world around us.
Each kit is packed full of all the equipment and teaching resources needed to run a whole term of themed activities.
Each lesson is linked to the Western Australian Curriculum and by completing every lesson in your kit, your students will cover every Science Understanding achievement for their particular year level in that topic. The kits also give plenty of opportunities to improve Science Inquiry skills and to explore Science as a Human Endeavour.
Students also have opportunities to design and plan their own investigations. You will also receive a full set of the teaching resources on a USB that you can keep after the hire finishes.
With the Physical Sciences Kit, students can:
- Use thermometers to test sources of heat such as friction and chemical reactions.
- Explore the forces all around us through water-powered rockets and magnets.
- Examine mirrors, kaleidoscopes and rainbows to explore the wonders of light.
- Measure the force of objects and how to balance multiple forces.
- Investigate the power of electricity by building your very own circuits and learning about the sources of electrical power used around the world.
Years 3 – 6
For further details on DIY Science Kit hire, please see our pricing sheet.