Spend time exploring your local environment and investigate how the changing weather affects natural, man-made and constructed features.
Learn just how big space really is as you find information about the planets and other celestial bodies, and examine how and why natural disasters occur.
Each kit is packed full of all the equipment and teaching resources needed to run up to 8 weeks’ worth of themed lessons, experiments and investigations.
Each lesson is designed to support teachers in the delivery of the Earth & Space Sciences Science Understanding of the Western Australian Science Curriculum. Students also have plenty of opportunities to design and plan their own investigations, which will allow them to improve Science Inquiry Skills, and to explore Science as a Human Endeavour.
You will also be given access to the electronic copies of the teacher resource books, worksheets and investigation planners. They are free for you to keep on your own device even after your kit hire has finished.
With the Earth & Space Sciences Kit, students can:
- Explore the movement of the Earth around the Sun.
- Investigate your local environment to find evidence of erosion and analyse the dirt around your school.
- Learn about the weather and how science measures these events to help humanity in the future.
- Learn about the relative sizes of our Solar System’s celestial bodies.
- Discover how droughts and floods occur, and how we prepare for them.
- Create scale models of planets and their orbits.
- Understand the importance of the Sun through experiments and indigenous stories.
- Develop research skills to identify the planets by their characteristics.
Foundation – 6
For further details on DIY Science Kit hire, please see our pricing sheet.