Picture 20,000 individual LED lights illuminating a tunnel that you can walk through. Now imagine being able to manipulate those lights to follow your every movement. This is Playing with Light, and this is just the entrance…
Playing with Light is a visually stunning exhibition featuring an array of exciting and amazing light, laser and lens-based experiences, including freezing shadows, mixing coloured lights and making a laser beam bounce down a stream of water.
Visitors can enjoy tackling a smoky maze of lasers without setting off alarms or painting colourful creations using an infrared paint brush and virtual canvas.
The exhibition has been designed around a number of key, immersive experiences for people of all ages. The incorporation of ‘play’ in both the exhibition title and the exhibits themselves gives the feeling that the exhibition is not a typical museum installation, but instead provides something quite unique for visitors.
- 21 exhibitions in 2 x 40ft containers
- floor area: 400 – 600 square metres (4,300 – 6,500 square feet)
- minimum ceiling height: 3 metres (10 feet), optimal height 4 metres (13 feet)
- Power: 240v to 120v electricity supply
- Marketing and Education supplies
- Transit insurance
- Exhibition installation/dismantling
- Ages 5 to 12 years and their families.
- School groups
- Tour groups