Discover how the hidden properties of materials affect how heat forms, flows and feels with this dramatic demonstration of thermodynamics. It is Hot vs Cold – can you predict who will win?
Heat and cold – and how we manipulate them – are some of the most important forces that shape our world. They drive weather and climate systems. They’re at the heart of our ability to generate energy. Controlling them helps us keep our homes habitable, know what to wear, and cook our food or keep it fresh.
Join our Science Presenters to investigate the science of thermodynamics in this intriguing science show. What you see might surprise you, but it can all be explained by science.
Good to know
- Entry to all shows is included in admission to Scitech.
- It is possible to leave at any time for any reason.
- Do not leave your seats for any other reason than to leave.
- Earmuffs are available for loud noises.
- Mobile phones on silent.
- Children are not to be left unattended.
Hot vs Cold Details
Chevron Science Theatre View Map
Hot vs Cold
Please be aware
This show contains some safe flames and balloons that may pop. If you have concerns, please check in with your Scitech presenter prior to the show commencing.