A bold new vision for the future.
For the past 30 years, we’ve been offering engaging, inspiring and innovative STEM experiences. And by connecting with more than 500,000 people, in communities throughout Western Australia, every year, we continue this mission of fostering a lifelong curiosity and positive attitude towards STEM.
As a result, the Scitech brand is seen as a high-water-mark of STEM-learning in Western Australia. This trust instils within us a deep sense of pride, as well as an enormous responsibility.
As the population dynamics and workplace landscapes of WA change, so too the skillsets of the future workforce are transforming. So, in today’s rapidly changing world, it’s no time to rest on our past successes. To remain a relevant, innovative, commercially sustainable organisation, we must constantly scan the horizon for opportunities to innovate so we can meet the needs of the future.
A guide to future pathways.
For 2018–21, Scitech is implementing strategic change towards a new vision for enabling STEM-enabled futures for all Western Australians. ‘New Scitech’ sets out a strategy to deliver on our mission, vision and business objectives during a time of critical change and evolution.
Our bold New Scitech strategy is designed to empower all Western Australians to be equipped with the 21st Century skillsets needed now and for the future. It includes:
- creating greater engagement by delivering STEM education through digital channels
- fuelling inspiration by demonstrating cutting-edge, contemporary STEM content in action
- keeping our fingers on the global pulse to showcase the latest STEM technologies and advances
- elevating the STEM discussion from the realm of possibilities to that of an opportunity mindset
- developing a highly integrated, supportive STEM community through collaboration and partnership
- and playing a significant role in the delivery of the WA Government’s State STEM Skills Strategy.
By transitioning to ‘New Scitech’, we can continue to deliver our world-leading STEM programs, while also undergoing an exciting transformation. A transformation that will allow us to continue to evolve, ensuring we’re even more relevant in 2030, 2040 and beyond. Because preparing all Western Australians for an exciting STEM-enabled future takes foresight, innovation, agility and open-mindedness to change. Key attributes that have defined Scitech, since 1988.