Explore and test how forces work with a term filled with hands-on experiments and tasks.
Bend light, create electricity and experiment with magnets in this DIY Science Kit designed to show how physics influences the world around us.
Each kit is packed full of all the equipment and teaching resources needed to run up to 8 weeks’ worth of themed lessons, experiments and investigations.
Each lesson is designed to support teachers in the delivery of the Physical Sciences Science Understanding of the Western Australian Science Curriculum. Students also have plenty of opportunities to design and plan their own investigations, which will allow them to improve Science Inquiry Skills, and to explore Science as a Human Endeavour.
You will also be given access to the electronic copies of the teacher resource books, worksheets and investigation planners. They are free for you to keep on your own device even after your kit hire has finished.
With the Physical Sciences Kit, students can:
- Use thermometers to test sources of heat, such as friction and chemical reactions.
- Explore the forces all around us through toy cars, water-powered rockets and magnets.
- Examine mirrors, kaleidoscopes and rainbows to explore the wonders of light.
- Measure the force of objects and how to balance multiple forces.
- Investigate the power of electricity by building your very own circuits and learning about the sources of electrical power used around the world.
Foundation – 6
DIY kits are available for hire by registered Western Australian schools for use solely within and by the staff at the hiring school.
For further details on DIY Science Kit hire, please see our pricing sheet.